DEMENTIA DAY CARE SERVICE
Yong-en Dementia Day Care Service provides the following:
* effective dementia care by enhancing the physical, psychosocial and spiritual well-being of our client.
* therapeutic environment with meaningful and culturally appropriate activities that maintain our clients in the community with dignity.
* specially designed activity programme for the individual client.
The activities and programmes conducted at Dementia Day Care are specially designed to cater to the needs of individual client.
The following activities are classified into four broad categories, and are well spread out through the day's programme:
* Strength training - Weight lifting (using filled mineral water bottles)
* Ball throwing/bouncing
* Memory cards * Reading/Writing * Board games, puzzles
Social and Leisure Activities
* Outings * Watching movies * listening to music/singing * Chit-chatting
Activities Daily Living
* Cooking/Baking * Gardening * Doing simple household chores * Preparing simple snacks / drinks
Family Involvement and Training
Care-Givers' Support Group is organized on every last Thursday of the month to support and educate family members and caregivers.
Yong-en's Dementia Day Care Services are provided for clients who are diagnosed by medical professionals as having dementia and through referrals.
Clients receive a heavily subsidised rate of $30-$36 per day. Transport can be arranged at additional cost.
Mondays - Fridays: 8:30am to 5:30pm
For enquires on application, please call 6309 0584